- 2 lbs Alaskan Halibut Steaks
- Teriyaki Glaze:
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup mirin
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup tamari
- 1/8 cup sake
- 1 tablespoon light sesame oil
1. To make the teriyaki glaze. Place the honey and mirin in a small pot and bring to a boil over medium heat. Continue boiling until caramelized, fragrant and thick, about 6-8 minutes. Carefully and gradually add the water, tamari, and sake and bring back to a boil. Transfer to a shallow dish and refrigerate until completely cooled. Add the halibut, cover and refrigerate ot least 2 hours and up to 6. Turn occasionally to evenly marinate fish.
2. Drain the halibut and discard the marinade.
3. To cook the halibut, place a large skillet over medium high heat and when it is hot, add the oil. Add the halibut one fillet at a time, allowing the pat to reheat for a few seconds after each addition, and cook until well seared and brown, about 3-4 minutes on each side per ince of thickness of halibut. Remove to warm plates.
Special thanks to Stan Frankenthaler
more halibut recipes